Sunday, August 25, 2013

Excuses & Preparation

My exercise clothes are in the washer.  Its 6:50am and I am the only one awake in the house. If I put the clothes in the dryer, everyone will wake up.  Bad preparation last night. 
This past week, Ive realized that preparation is one of my biggest obstacles. When I dont prepare my lunches for work the night before (or on Sunday), I am scrambling in the morning trying to get a good meal together.  I can usually take care of lunch. Ive been making pots of lentil or split pea soup with lots of fresh veggies & chia seeds. Easy enough to put in a container to reheat.  Breakfast is a big challenge. Ive been trying to increase my calories/protein for breakfast, but it is always harder for me to quickly grab the right food.  My go to's are: oatmeal w/honey & sometimes frozen blueberries on top, bread w/peanut butter & banana, grapenuts & milk.  I want to incorporate more eggs, but it requires prep time that I cant do on weekday mornings.  Usually, I am so focused on what I am going to eat for lunch, breakfast often gets excluded.
My goal this week is to focus on preparing breakfast primarily. 
I am going to prep scrambled/boiled eggs for my breakfast this week, along with more fruit/veggies.  I need to erase from my mind that fruit is a breakfast food and veggies are for lunch/dinner.
Green peppers, zucchini, spinach!! Sounds like the beginning of an awesome omelette to me!!

Oatmeal cutlets I prepped for lunches


Starting weight: 297.2
Current weight: 254.1

No comments:

Post a Comment