Sunday, June 2, 2013

A 3 year old & a birthday party

Woke up today the same way I did yesterday.  Heard something outside the room, looked up and Ben was standing at the doorway saying "Hi"
I did my usual first-thing-in-the-morning weigh in...was surprised to see another 1.5lb drop!
I didn't eat enough calories yesterday, I wasn't doing it on purpose, but I well made up for it today and then some :(  But I also did alot of exercising & sweating today too.
Today, we prepared the house for Benjamin's 3rd birthday party.
Ben of course was not especially cooperative today, maybe we shouldn't have told him over and over we were having a party for him.  
I was able to mow the front lawn in order to burn some calories
Sadly, we had pizza/cake/ice cream for birthday lunch.  I told myself I was only going to eat 2 slices of pizza.  And I did at lunch.  But after everyone left and the boys went down for a nap, and theres still slices of pizza sitting on the counter... :(  I ended up eating 6slices all together.  Thankfully it was thin crust, but still.  Bad bad bad. So hard to break bad habits.
Maybe if I can incorporate enough good habits, the bad ones will eventually drop off.
After I ate the 4 extra slices in shame, I got inspiration since the boys were still taking a nap.
I told Shane I was going for a walk.  I recently downloaded the app Nike +, its basically a running app (I of course do not run).  I've been using it when I walk during lunch at work to try to make it to one mile.  So I turned up my headphones with my exercise playlist and went off for a walk through the neighborhood.  I walked for almost 30min and almost 1 1/2 miles.
When I got home, poor Shane was cleaning up a "dirty" mess in the boys room.  At least it wasn't on the walls this time!
I hope the lawnmowing & walk will keep me from gaining from my bad eating today.  If it doesn't, I have my healthy lunch & breakfasts prepared for tomorrow and I plan to do my mile at lunchtime.  I will keep going! 

Pictures from my day: 

3 years ago tomorrow...my sweet Benjamin Lee was born!
 
Ben loved his Thomas the Tank Engine cake!



We discovered this little guy LOVES bbq ribs.
 


Starting weight: 297.2
Current weight:  257.8 :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment